Friday, April 15, 2011

Spring Break Part II

The first Thursday of Spring Break, 31 March, I had a piano lesson in the morning and then we packed up and headed to Chino Hills for some fun! When we got there we packed up a picnic lunch and headed to a park that we had never been to before. And we enjoyed the HOT sun there all by ourselves!! Perfect!  Aunt Colleen came with us, as did Sam, and then Amberie met us there a little later.  Followed by dinner, CHASE, and a SLEEPOVER at the Fehr house!  Yay!

I can't even remember WHY she was pouting.  I think it was something about her sandwich... but we have some good pouters in this edition of Spring Break!  My poor, deprived children.  Upset because we packed a fun picnic lunch with FUN people and took it to the park to have some FUN!  Poor Lexi!  Don't you just feel SO bad for her??  {Sarcasm should be felt strongly here... NOT sympathy.}

Sam brought his basketball and they played for a while on the court... before it got just TOO HOT to even stand it anymore!  (Sam, Ella, and Braeden... Lexi is still pouting under the playset.)

Where's the ball??  I'm pretty sure it went in, but I missed the shot at the top!  Boo!

This is the "I'm hot!  I need a DRINK!" face!

He SHOOTS... and... sometimes... he SCORES!!

He just looks so natural with any kind of ball.  Makes me sick!  Why am I so awkward??

Lexi has gotten over the pouting and has decided to connect 2 holes she found with a LONG tunnel!

At least our picnic was in the shade under a pavilion!  Otherwise it would have been totally UNBEARABLE!  The weather here has just been giving us WHIPLASH!  (Aunt Colleen, Braeden and Sam)

Look at Sam's face first.  Then Braeden's.  And you'll know why he's going..."bleck"!  Braeden is my very sweaty child!  (But in all fairness to him... it was over 90 degrees out there on the court!!  HOT!!)

SQUIRREL!!

Pouting by the other little girl.  So sad, it is... to have so many fun things to do with so many fun people...  Don't you just feel so bad for them??

Yay... Amberie made it after a long church meeting!

Now all smiles with some SUGAR in her hands!  She's stretching a gummy worm to it's limit!!  Yummy!

Showing off some dance moves for Amberie.  (Looks like the sugar worked, huh?  I have to say here that the time frame isn't quite right here.  She didn't get gummy worms right after pouting... and she didn't get them FOR pouting... and she didn't get them to get her to QUIT pouting... it was just later, and we opened the bag!)

Sand construction/rest!

A serious discussion!??  Lexi and Sam catching some shade.

Kooks on the playground equipment!!  Sillies!  Braeden, Sam and Ella!
We did have lots of fun... BUT... IT GETS EVEN BETTER!! Stay tuned! The next day is one we won't soon forget!! (I just have to do this a little at a time so I don't crash your computers while trying to download a million pictures! Ha! Just kidding... it's so I don't get so overwhelmed and can hopefully stay fairly up to date from now on! One day at a time!)

“One day at a time--this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering.”

2 comments:

Linda Liebhardt said...

Staying tuned...waiting. Waiting patiently...Patiently. :-) Fun stuff! Your pictures are so great! Thanks for sharing the Zion ones with me so I could post them on my blog, Tandy!

Chelsea said...

llllovvvveee all the spring break posts!! :)

About Me

Crazy, stay-at-home mother of three; Alexa, Braeden, and Ella, and wife of Damian! We love life, although sometimes it's just hard to make it through one simple day. We all love each other... more than we can usually show or tell, and we love our friends and family very much! We LOVE the beach, having company, eating out (a rare treat now with three kids 8 and under), swimming, and playing outside!

Background