Monday, April 11, 2011

Spring Break Part I

Well, even before April hit, I actually got some Easter decor up.  I really don't have very much, but it's up... unlike the St. Patrick's Day and Valentine's stuff that just stayed in the storage container.  (Oops!)  I love this robin egg wreath!
Our Spring Break started on Monday, 28 March.  2 weeks... is a long time for spring break, but we are grateful for the down time!  We hung out at home for the first few days watching lots of TV and playing outside.  Then Wednesday rolled around and was HOT and WONDERFUL so we headed to the pool with friends and stayed for a while enjoying not only the warm sun, but the warm pool, too!
This has become a favorite.  {But is probably very bad for my flimsy garage door.}  HANDBALL!!  All three have a light plastic ball that I let them bang against the door every once in a while, but lately is has been more often.  This is what we were doing on spring break... sad, I know, but they were having fun!

Braeden is a handball maniac.  He plays it all the time.  Especially at school.  This is how he gets all the holes in his pants.  Boo... but he loves it and has a GREAT time.  He really loves to get kids that are older than him OUT!  He's a little too competitive sometimes, but it motivates him to get better when he needs some improvement.


Love this picture!  It's always a breath of fresh air to see all three laughing and enjoying themselves TOGETHER!

Looks like we have a little predicament.  Lexi is on her way to the TOP to fix it!

Though sometimes she doesn't really pay attention to what she is doing or where she is going and is very clumsy like me, she is very focused in a tree and has not YET fallen out!

And along come some neighbor kids to help out... by throwing a water bottle to dislodge the distressed ball.  (And before Lexi made it all the way there...)


And then they join in the fun.  Nothing like a ball, nice weather, and neighborhood friends to share it with!
Very deep in thought!  I love Ella's Supergirl shirt... and so does she!


Lexi took a break to suck on a piece of ice... and I caught her laughing hysterically at the boys MISTAKES!  I love... LOVE... this picture!  I wish I could see more of this laughing face!  (She's become quite attitudy and serious lately... We're hoping she grows out of it and can feel our love and know that there's nothing to be so serious about YET!)


Braeden and Vinny obviously discussing some very serious matters.  Hope they've solved all the world problems and we can pay a LOT LESS for gas!  {That would be amazing, huh!!??}

Not only is he silly, but he has silly faces, too... and such big front teeth.  Hope he grows into them soon!  (And he has a cute dimple on his chin... see it??)

See the problem??  You may say... "What's wrong?  He has a helmet on."  BUT... LOOK at his FEET.  THAT is a DISASTER waiting to happen.  Stinker.  And he was told more than once to take care of it before I took the picture.  I hope he doesn't ever look back at this picture without some toes and say, "I really should have listened to my mom."  I would feel awful for not enforcing sooner.  (Mental note to self right now:  ENFORCE the SHOE rule for bikes!!)

And... that does it for the first few days of Spring Break!  Stay tuned for more... and it gets MUCH better!  Trust me!  :o)

2 comments:

Linda Liebhardt said...

Glad to know you got home Okay. We always figure "No news is good news" on thinga like that. Drives other people we know absolutely bonkers! (I call them "worry worts." ha.)

Anonymous said...

We often rode our bicycles without shoes and never with a helmet. I hope he doesn't stub his toes. I love to see them all smiling and having fun. Can't wait to see the rest of the "Spring Break" info. and pictures.

Love, Grandma Pam

About Me

Crazy, stay-at-home mother of three; Alexa, Braeden, and Ella, and wife of Damian! We love life, although sometimes it's just hard to make it through one simple day. We all love each other... more than we can usually show or tell, and we love our friends and family very much! We LOVE the beach, having company, eating out (a rare treat now with three kids 8 and under), swimming, and playing outside!

Background