Thursday, December 2, 2010

Husky Hoedown and SUU Homecoming

A little of what the holiday looks like around here.  A LITTLE!

And just a LITTLE more!


HUSKY HOEDOWN!!  October 8th!
Each year the elementary we attend hosts a Husky Hoedown!  It's one of the PTA fundraisers... and much like all other school carnivals.  I actually loathe it, but I go every year because my kids "say" they like it.  It's so crowded, and the lines are longer than at Disneyland, ... I just hate it.  Plus, my kids are comfortable there because that's where they spend their time EVERY day, so they think they can just run off... and THAT makes me totally nervous and CRAZY!!! 
Ella's already on a space cruise and we just got there.  Maybe we should just call it a night and go to bed...

... or not!  We stayed, had dinner, and had some fun!  This is Braeden and his friend, Carter!

And Vinny has joined the group!

Lexi and Tori

Ella and Alex

Dancing around the Cake Walk.  (Notice Vinny in the background!)
And... OF COURSE, the fire engine bouncy SLIDE.  MUST DO IT AT LEAST 3 TIMES... regardless of how LONG we have to WAIT!!!!!  



And then... the very next weekend (Oct. 14-17), we decided to take Friday off from school and head to UT Thursday night for Caroline's birthday party!  I know... a long way to go for a birthday party, but we just needed the excuse!  As it turned out it was SUU's homecoming celebration and we got to do lots of fun things while we were there!!  Yay!

After the parade... and before the birthday party, we did take Gma and Gpa Linda to the Pizza Factory and treated them to lunch for their birthdayS!  They are exactly one month apart, and it was the perfect time to do it!  Right in the middle!  Too bad I didn't get a picture... or even think about it until it was too late!  Hope they enjoyed their "present"!!

Look what I found, Gma!!

Look what Gma can do with it, Ella!  This is what we did while waiting for Gail, Jonathan, Caroline, Braeden, and Lexi... who had walked all the way from the house!  Getting in some exercise before the sugar rush that comes from the parade candy!

Aunt Gayela and Great-Gma Liebhardt!  Just happy to be there!

Lexi's ready to show what she found along the way!  And she's so happy about it!

The joy of my children is STILL the {COLLECTION} of things outside.  Rocks, sticks, shells, and these!  These are, however, very pretty!  I really do love (and I know I've said it a million times before) that they {LOVE} the outdoors, and can find happiness in the simplest of things!

See, Gma... they don't NEED any candy!  Their bags are already filled with fun stuff!

Most of the {CURB} crew:  Caroline, Lexi, Gma Linda, Jonathan, Ella, and Gail  Just WAITING for the onset of the sugar shower!

Braeden was giggling his head off at the sound of...

...their HORNS!!  He just couldn't believe how funny they sounded and it made him crack EVERY time!  Silly kid!

What makes my sweet happy!  Lollies!  (And I should insert here that when faced with the choice of their collectibles or {CANDY}... they chose the candy.  Their bags were FULL by the time the parade was over.)

I have to admit that I was very impressed with this float!  It always amazes me how talented the people in student government are!

The reason our family LOVES SUU!!  The THUNDER-CHICKEN!!  (Aka.  the Thunderbird!)

Yay!!!  That's a LOT of Alpha Phi's!!  They had just initiated 44... yes 44... new members!  Now that there isn't another national sorority on campus they no longer have a ceiling!  And they are doing so well on campus, in the community, and even have been recognized by nationals!  (And if you're wondering... I'm an alumni!)

This is for Damian.  This is HIS blog, too... believe it or not!  (And I was Sweetheart... so... not JUST for him, I guess!)

Hmmm... this is supposed to be the lighthouse in the Providence Center... (yes... a lighthouse in Cedar City... I don't get it either!)... but it fell over before it got to the end of the parade route!  Hahahahaha!

Though I haven't done anything with my science degree... looking back I don't think I would have changed my major!!  Science IS, indeed, a BLAST!  (Just ask Damian... we had some blasts, per say, in O-Chem lab!!  And were it not for science... we wouldn't be able to enjoy his homemade blasts on the 4th of July!!)

Just ONE of the MANY beautiful reasons to {LOVE} it here!!  You can even see the "C" in the background!!  I {LOVE} red leaves! (And yellow ones, too!)

Old Sorrel (the horse in this sculpture) is credited as the savior of the expedition to get wood for a new building on this campus.  If you don't know the story... look it up (by following the link below).  It's a good one! http://www.suu.edu/general/history.html

SUU vs. Cal Poly.  Game ON!!  SUU won their homecoming game!  Yay!  And yes... we were sitting in the visitor's section because there was no room at the inn on the other side!

Happy campers to NOT be at the girlie birthday party having their nails done and making lotion!        (For which I obviously didn't get ANY pictures of... because I went to the game, too!  But I know Lexi had a good time... and she came home with a bottle of "Monkey Farts" flavor/smell lotion!)                              Gpa Mike and Braeden!

A good play calls for a good wave of the Norman Shield.  This one's also for Damian!
And later that evening I got to go to the Alpha Phi Alumni Tea.  It was a lot of fun, and I had a night "off" just to hang out and catch up with friends.  They really are doing some very wonderful things!  And there was a fabulous number of people there!  Wow... I can't even guess... but probably over 100 women!  Fun stuff!  (Lots of talking, LOTS of pictures... FUN!)
Those that were actives the same time as me!  Not very many there... Back L to R:  Megan, Lisa, Kim, Deanna         Front L to R:  Heather, me, and Keri

The Sigma Chi Sweethearts that were there for the Alpha Phi Alumni Tea.  Not only am I the tallest... I was also the oldest there.  Boo!

Me and Lisa Sanders, well... Thompson now!!  She was my New Member Educator!!  Love her!

3 comments:

Linda Liebhardt said...

You go girl! You are almost caught up! Amazing. Such fun pictures to see.
The lighthouse was lowered to clear the traffic light :-). Really.

Tandy said...

Hmmm... I had no idea! I just thought it fell over... Well, it was funny for a minute! ;o)

Anonymous said...

You are the most beautiful too! And tall is beautiful.

Love,Mom

About Me

Crazy, stay-at-home mother of three; Alexa, Braeden, and Ella, and wife of Damian! We love life, although sometimes it's just hard to make it through one simple day. We all love each other... more than we can usually show or tell, and we love our friends and family very much! We LOVE the beach, having company, eating out (a rare treat now with three kids 8 and under), swimming, and playing outside!

Background