Friday, May 7, 2010

Lucky #7!!

Our little Lexi-Lou-Who is 7!! Can you even believe it??? We mostly celebrated the Saturday before her birthday. It's her year to have a friend party... and that we did! We had a "balloon" theme. We had lots of balloons... balloon games, a balloon pinata, mini balloon pinatas to decorate as their favors (and stuffed with fun stuff!), and the movie "Up"... since it was the only movie I could think of with balloons in it, and Lexi just HAD to have a movie with her friends. It was a blast for all!

She was trying to collect enough to float away...

I gave in and let her get a jump house, since she WANTED one so bad after Braeden's party earlier this year. They really are great entertainers!
They just can't hardly even wait for the guys to get it set up and cleaned out.


You MUST blow this picture up and scroll over both Braeden's and Lexi's faces. Priceless!

Then in the middle of the day we had 2 games. Fortunately my mom and John and Colleen were here to help me. John had to take Braeden to his game, then Gma Pam and Colleen joined him after Lexi's halftime... and then I came at the very end... just long enough to see him get a pretty good hit! Talk about crazy day... it was even so crazy that we ended up with a double lunch... both John and I hit a burger place after Braeden's game. Lovely.
Lexi and one of her very good friends, Emma.

Ella and Gma Pam playing soccer on the sidelines!
The wildlife at the "pit"!

I think this guy wants the guy in the previous picture for lunch... what do you think?? ;)The cheering section at Braeden's game!
Uncle John, Aunt Colleen with Lexi on her lap, and Gma Pam with Ella clapping on her lap!
Go, Padres!!
Then somehow... I don't know how, the three of them got Uncle John to go in and bounce with them! They had soooo much fun! (And I'm SURE he did, too!)
And then back in the bounce house! I don't know how anyone still had energy this day. It was long and TOASTY. I was totally POOPED by the end of it all!
Boing... boing... boing...

A look at the paper mache mini balloon pinatas I made for their favors...
... and admittedly this got a little out of hand, but it sure was fun for them! Damian swept up probably more than 2 cups of glitter after it was all over! ;) (But it was worth it!)They were all having so much fun! And all their balloons looked so different when they were done... just like I was saying about the projects they do at school... how it amazes me that they can start out with the very same thing and have it look so different as an end product!
This was one of the games. Pop as many balloons and capture as many little papers hidden inside as you can. Only 2 were marked as "winner"s!
Ella isn't quite sure what on earth is happening inside the bounce house...
...JUST a LITTLE more pressure and it will POP!
Um... I signed a waiver that said I would NOT allow climbing on the outside or the netting of this thing. But I had to grab the camera before I stopped him from going any further!
Sa--wwwiing!

This is what Colleen's face looked like EVERY time they would really whack at it!
Lexi
Emma
Kaleb... who is VERY serious about taking this thing out! (We went through 2 rounds of everyone... one with a blindfold, and one without. Oh, and the second round also included the aluminum bat instead of the plastic one. I wasn't sure that I had put enough layers of paper mache on it!)
Post Kaleb and Alyssa
Carson was the one! It was done for!

But the main reason it lasted so long is because my mom is the MASTER at keeping it away from them! :)
Lexi, Barbie, and Alyssa
Lexi, Sky Ball, and Emma
Lexi and Kaleb
Tori and Lexi
Lexi and Carson
The FAV of the day! Zhu Zhu Pets... and accessories!
Anabelle and Lexi
Gma Pam and Lexi
Uncle John, silly-cheesy-girl, and Aunt Colleen
The replacement for the cake! (Lexi's like me and would rather have the cake batter than the cake... so we opt for cookies!)
Happy Birthday to LEXI!
I hope she made a good wish... and that it comes true!

The Zhu Zhu Mansion.
______________________________________________
On her actual birthday she only got the gifts that I had saved for her from all of us! We found her after bath on her bed reading... and we had to WAIT for her to open them until she was done with the page.

Surprise... we got her another Zhu Zhu and the ramp to go with it.

Braeden helping... (This is the house you saw painted in the last post!)
I love her smile, but I love her freckles even more!

And this is a new favorite outside toy! It also provides countless hours of entertainment! It adjusts in size and space between the chalk... it's really pretty cool! And it leaves awesome art on my sidewalk, driveway, entryway... all OVER!!

Happy Birthday, Lexi! We love you so much, and can't believe that 7 years have already passed by. We hope you know how grateful we are to have you in our family! You bring a little bit of heaven to our home!

No comments:

About Me

Crazy, stay-at-home mother of three; Alexa, Braeden, and Ella, and wife of Damian! We love life, although sometimes it's just hard to make it through one simple day. We all love each other... more than we can usually show or tell, and we love our friends and family very much! We LOVE the beach, having company, eating out (a rare treat now with three kids 8 and under), swimming, and playing outside!

Background