Well... I know I'm a little late on this, and that I have other pictures now to update with, but this is worthwhile! We went to John & Colleen's for the big Turkey day, and had such a great time. We had sooooo much food, it was almost shameful, and we have agreed to cut back on the amount, and the number of things we can all put in the pot! But it was beautiful, and very YUMMY! Just looking at this next picture makes me crave for it again! Leslie made the cheese ball this year. Normally John does it. And she brought the flowers to make the centerpieces. She and Josh also brought mashed potatoes, brussel sprouts and parsnips, a sweet potato casserole, a pumpkin pie, and a pecan pie with Oreo crust. SAmberie brought the veggie and fruit trays with yummy dip for both. Jody and Chris brought pies. I brought a ham, which we cooked in SAmberie's oven this year, as well as the green bean casserole. I also brought the mini cheesecakes, banana bread with and without walnuts (for Braeden and Ella), devilled eggs, and bread and spinach dip. John and Colleen cooked a perfect turkey and stuffing, and also had the gravy, and yams and apples. MMMmmmmmm. We could have fed half an army... or "Johnson's Army" as Colleen would say!





The picture above shows just the hors d'œuvres! Needless to say... we were totally stuffed by the end of the evening!


Colleen even made homemade lemonade... mostly! We had to add some Country Time lemonade mix, but it had the real stuff in it, too!

Leslie and Lexi are putting together the centerpieces. Jody and I ended up helping, too, when time was running very short!

Yummy lemonade!

I see a belly button! Sam, Josh, and Chris are sooooo good at entertaining children who love them to pieces while I putter around the kitchen!

Runny Babbit... or mutated bunny rabbit with two sets of ears!

I don't think this is a good idea... this climbing on and laying on the back of the couch! Stinker!

Take your eyes off the computer for a MINUTE, Braeden! Once he gets focused... he has tunnel vision!

The perfect turkey!

Poor turkey... but you tasted sooo good!

The actual feast portion of the day!


Jody was the first to sit down and dig into the pie. I couldn't do it... until quite a bit later!

Lexi was the slave with the frond... waving it furiously to keep SAmberie cool... only I think it got a little wild, and wasn't so helpful in the fanning department. ;)

Now Sam has Pinnochio ears!

Braeden finally got a haircut! I'm so bad... it always takes me until I'm somewhere else with other adults around to help me to even get it done! He told Auntie Leslie that he wanted it just like his dad's is right now... buzz cut! I told him that it would be short, but it was okay with me... it will grow back! So they set out to get it done! It took a long time. He has a LOT of fine hair, and some funny growth patterns in a couple of places, but eventually... it got done! Though not quite as short as I expected. And Josh somehow convinced him that gel isn't such a bad thing, and showed him how to spike it.


Ella... as usual, is ready to CLEAN!

It now required WAY more product than before! Silly kid!


This is what we do with the flower buckets!
Oh, to be little, flexible, and silly!

Ella LOVES Chris's hair! She would just NOT take her hands off it. She would rub his head... and just keep rubbing. Poor Chris! He was a good sport about it, though, and we all had a good laugh at how mesmorized she was.
And just another reason why we just love grandparents! They will sit and read to you just about any time you want!
Thanks again for hosting us! We always have such fun!
1 comment:
Wish I could have been there!
Love Mom
Post a Comment