Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I Have a Dream...

...that I'll get the other 2 posts actually posted that are still in edit mode... and then do some more posting! I know I need to catch up on Christmas and beyond, but we're just having so much fun around here that I'm totally exhausted by the end of the day!
Literally... Damian is in LA at the USC hospital trauma unit right now... and has been for the past two weeks, and will be for the next week! And starting Thursday afternoon, and by Friday morning, I had 3 very sick kids... all with the stomach flu... ALL at the SAME TIME! Oh, fun! The joys of motherhood are counted in so many ways! Although, I'm not sure that cleaning up vomit is at the very top of the list! Not at mine, anyway!
Then Sunday after church everyone had been okay for more than a day, so we decided to go ahead with our plans to go to Chino Hills, so we could see Damian for a few hours, and play with our BFF's today! We had a great time. Sam has not only introduced, but HOOKED my kids on X-Box playing Indiana Jones! They just love it! Plus, we still do CHASE around the circle at John and Colleen's! And this morning, Leslie called and was wondering what we were going to do. I had no specific plans, so we decided to check out the Santa Ana zoo! Fun stuff... for the most part! It's a dinky little zoo, but to it's credit they have ELEPHANT rides!!! And we went!!! And we saw lots of monkeys!! (And I'm not just talking about all the little monkeys like mine... ;0)


Braeden, Lexi, Leslie and Ella starting their zoological adventure!Lovely that Braeden is still working on eating his Oreo while looking at a stinky emu!And Lexi set out with a pen and a notepad to sketch all the animals she saw and liked. She got a few in, but not all! She is our little artist... and she's pretty good at it, too! I still can't draw some of the stuff she can!And our little ornery baby!
What's she pointing at??Now you know!Yay for smiles from Ella!!!! They may be rare, but they're usually worth the wait!Is that an elephant I see?? And who is that on it's back!??!Lexi, Braeden, and Auntie Leslie!Then Mommy and Ella! Doesn't she look thrilled?? Uh-huh! Sure thing!Aunt Colleen and Ella...Ella would have stayed in this spot all day if we would have let her. Lexi was quickly on her way to sketch some turtles.Hand sanitizer here we come! Petting zoos are fun... but eeewwww!And doesn't it look like this goat is enjoying this?? Right! This is how Braeden is! Love HURTS when he is around! But he does have lots of love to share!
We always have such a great time at the Fehr Family Fun House! And we NEVER want to leave when it's time! But back to the grind tomorrow!
And, with regard to the title of this post: Thanks to Martin Luther King, Jr. It's because of him that we have an extra school day off to enjoy with our family... along with his other contributions to us as a country!

1 comment:

Linda Liebhardt said...

What fun pictures of the Zoo! I have the caption for the one with the kids in front of the Llama--"Is your Mama a Llama?" he he.
Thanks for sharing your fun adventure and I'm so glad everyone is over the flu bug.
Only one more week! Hang in there! (It's good practice, right?)

About Me

Crazy, stay-at-home mother of three; Alexa, Braeden, and Ella, and wife of Damian! We love life, although sometimes it's just hard to make it through one simple day. We all love each other... more than we can usually show or tell, and we love our friends and family very much! We LOVE the beach, having company, eating out (a rare treat now with three kids 8 and under), swimming, and playing outside!

Background