Friday, February 5, 2016

Scout Fun!


Braeden is still participating in Cubs, even though he has already turned 11.  There's not an 11 yo scout leader, and he would be the only one participating, so he is waiting until March when at least one other will join him to begin his actual Boy Scout experience.  At which time, he'll also receive his Arrow of Light award!  Yay!  He was able to achieve his goal!  And he went a little above and beyond the minimum requirements.  We had a rough year, doing most of it on our own, while also fulfilling other callings.  But I'm happy to say that we pulled it together.  Yes, WE!  They can't do it all on their own, and family support is absolutely vital in scouting.  I'm totally convinced of that.  And to think when we moved here and I got the calling to be a Cub Scout leader I had NO IDEA what was going on!  I was NOT a good scout mom up to that point!  AT ALL!  But I quickly reformed, and Braeden loves scouts!

This last Tuesday {2 Feb. 2016... yes, the same day as Lexi's game and my LAST YW activity} his Cub Scout pack went to a local police station!  They had a fantastic time, and I heard it all went really well, and they learned a lot... with the exception of having to be given a "warning" because they were having a little too much fun in the interrogating room together!  Hahaha!  I'm not sure I even want to know, but I'm grateful to his leader for taking them all!


He did mention that he NEVER wants to go to jail!  Lovely... set your goals high, Braeden!  Hahaha!

So happy to see this big of a crew again.  For a while I think it was only 4 or 5 of them...

Haha!  Can you just imagine these three in the back of a police cruiser??  I better never have to!  These three have been friends since we moved here, too.  Jared, on the left, moved in a few months after us, and Hayden has been here even longer than we have.  His dad is the bishop.  :)
I'm not sure I know all these boys anymore, but...
Back row LtoR:  Hayden Dana, Redlee and Lamoni Tigilmai, Braeden, Maddax Lallatin, Langston Lafferty
Front row LtoR:  John Tang, ? non-member, but is Jared's neighbor..., TyTy Wieres, and Jared Cuevas/Montelongo
Thanks to Joyce Montelongo, who is currently their leader.  The one and only.  I've been in that spot before here, and it's SO HARD, yet can be so rewarding when you love these young boys!  

1 comment:

Tandy said...

Way to go Braeden and family. Sometimes it is hard to get the families involved. Braeden sure is getting tall. Love and miss you.

About Me

Crazy, stay-at-home mother of three; Alexa, Braeden, and Ella, and wife of Damian! We love life, although sometimes it's just hard to make it through one simple day. We all love each other... more than we can usually show or tell, and we love our friends and family very much! We LOVE the beach, having company, eating out (a rare treat now with three kids 8 and under), swimming, and playing outside!

Background