Goon tomorrow! {Have you ever sung the song about Little Bunny Foo-foo?? If not, and you want to know how it goes, let me know, and I'll gladly help out with that! But the punch line/moral of the story is fun and memorable: Hare today, Goon tomorrow!}
With that said, the moral of this post is this:
we are now towards the END of our Spring soccer and baseball seasons, and without so much as a cyber peep about them. Rest assured... we've been busy as ever.
Today was Braeden's last regular season game... and they got completely stomped. They are either really hot... or really not. Today they were NOT. :o( And next week they start the playoff season. Double elimination.
And then...
{no "and then!"}
He will play the local All Star tournament! He was not only selected for that, but made the RED team for the travel All Stars this summer... without even having to try out. Selected and given a slot...
BUT... he won't be playing. Again. Last year his coach practically begged me not to take him to Utah, but to let him play the travel tournament. I wouldn't give in and let him. And this year... I don't have a choice. We are moving to Guam. And that's okay!
{I do have to note here that he was totally surprised, because even though he's really good... he doesn't always recognize it. He just could NOT understand how anyone could want him on their team without even having tried out or anything! Funny kid! He's hit 4 over-the-fence home runs (NONE of which have I been able to see)! And he's pretty darn good at defense.}
And yes... he is still playing and practicing with Thunder. The travel team he was recruited for... same coach! Love that guy!
Lexi is growing and playing soccer like crazy. She's only scored 1 goal this season, but had great assists, multiple headers, FINALLY good follow-ups on her shots, and has only sat out a total of less than a handful of quarters. She is a great player! And not only did I get to see her goal... I got it on film. I'll have to include that, huh?!!
And Ella... she is a maniac on the field, but she's also getting a little miffed that her teammates are catching up to her ability! {Yes... I am that good of a coach! Hahahaha!} She has scored so many goals I lost count, but she had 3 today, which is kind of a low number for her, but she also had 7 or 8 pull-backs DURING the game! Wow! I never thought I could teach 4 and 5 year olds to pull it back, turn and go... and actually have them be able to pull it off during a game! I offered them a reward if they could do it, thinking only 2 or 3 would do it, and 7... yes 7 out of 10 of them... did it the first game after the challenge! Yay! They are seriously so fun to watch. And Ella... she is SOOOOOO FAST! Man... that girl can outrun almost anyone on the field, and she is an amazing player.
All 3 of my kids are so talented... and they work hard at their sport. It's fun to watch, and fun to be a part of... it's just fun!
With that said... here's a quick look!
 |
| My goons! Lexi, Braeden, and Ella... {Who else, right?} |
 |
| And now you understand why I call them goons! Hee hee! |
 |
| We find all kinds of ways to keep ourselves entertained during the endless hours at siblings games... |
 |
| ...but Ella is the most creative with it! She and her friend, Isis, put the chair bags on as gunny sack sort of things and were hopping around with them cinched around their waists! :o) |
 |
| Woo-hoo! Nice catch, Braeden! |
 |
| Up to bat. |
 |
| Swing... and it's good! |
 |
| Headed for a double, but knows the ball is close... {I love to watch him slide. It's one of my favorite things about him!} |
 |
| SAFE! {Notice the other player dropped the ball... it ended up smacking B in the face. Boo.} |
 |
| Okay... here it is! Watch the progression! I rarely get it all on film and IN FOCUS!! But she will take the pass from Sam... |
 |
| Dribble a couple times... |
 |
| And take the shot! |
 |
| Hold your breath... |
 |
| GOOOOAAAALLLL! |
 |
| And this is the normal Lexi reaction. She's so embarrassed to get attention! But she was so happy about it! |
 |
| When Ella gets the ball loose from the hive... or the magnet... or the swarm... or whatever you like to call it... she is GONE! {And Lexi took these pictures! She's not a bad photographer!} Notice the little gal behind her? That's her bestie, Ashlyn! |
 |
| And if they even happen to catch up with her... she can take a serious shot and make it in! She's got a foot on her like Braeden! Big and powerful! {And don't you love that you can see the MOTION just by looking at her hair?? I do! Great picture, Lexi!} |
 |
| Very unlike Lexi! She is more than happy to gloat! |
 |
| Giving the besties a high-five! {Yes... that is me! I am their coach, after all! And Lexi gave me some proof!} |
 |
| Giving more 5's. Let me just say that I only have ONE kid on my team as of now that hasn't scored a goal. That's pretty good for this age division! I'm so proud of them! And see... they're even having fun! |
 |
| And what sort of faces are we pulling here??? Wow! This little guy goes to preschool with Ella and Ashlyn! Plus, he's LDS! {And the other little blonde boy in the previous picture... is also LDS! That's 4 just on my team! And they are pretty much the best players on the team. :o) } |
And so... a quick look at what we do EVERY Saturday! Whew! Not to mention other baseball games during the week, along with everyone's practice days.
And that's how we get to the point where it's here today, and gone tomorrow... without hardly even mentioning it. We stay busy... that's for sure!
1 comment:
You guys look like you're having a ball (no pun intended!). Ah the days of soccer. I sort of miss them!
Post a Comment