January 31st marked the 100th day of school for my kids. Sad to say, but in third grade it gets nothing more than a mere mention in casual conversation! But in first grade... still a big deal! So... I told Braeden's teacher that I would come and help, and take some pictures! They spent the entire afternoon doing "100's" things!
From making Fruit Loop necklaces with 100 pieces, to bouncing a ball 100 times, to making trail mix with 100 pieces. You name it... they were doing it! :o)
Enjoy!
 |
| Braeden and Alyssa R. with their Fruit Loop necklaces on, decorating their "100" bags to keep all their "100 Day" stuff in! |
 |
| Here's why I am posting a picture of a little girl you do NOT know... at all! Galaxy is the little girl that used to draw pictures of herself and several other girls chasing Braeden and giving him kisses. She is also the one who sent home a couple of "love letters" with him! Yikes! Good thing they're only in 1st grade, or I might have stepped in and said something! |
 |
| 100 messy fingerprints. I'm not super sure why they do this activity. It makes me think they are practicing to be booked and sent to jail. ;o) |
 |
| Braeden and his friend, Kimber, doing 100 twirls with the hula-hoop! |
 |
| 100 pieces of junk for trail mix! Chocolate chips, goldfish, marshmallows, pretzels, etc. |
 |
| How many 100's can you land on?? You get a giant green $100 bill if you can land on a "100" space! {See them in the volunteer's hand??} |
|
 |
| Braeden and Zoe at the "100" bean bag toss! |
This day was chuck full of fun, frivolous, not-so-much-about-learning stuff, but... they need a break from the rigorous routine every once in a while!!
No comments:
Post a Comment