Saturday, September 17, 2011

Sigh!

Well, as you have likely noticed, I have slipped back into my "lack of motivation" stage of life... where the blog is concerned!  I'm so beat at the end of the day lately that I just can't do any more!  I'm finding that I do NOT like my older body and metabolism!  :o)
Just a little taste of why exactly I have NOT been updating:  
Braeden started taking piano lessons!  (From me!)
Lexi and Braeden started school on 10 August and have had so much homework that even I can't keep it all straight.
I volunteer in the classrooms every Tuesday, and Ella goes to Ashlyn's during that time.  And this involves a swap, so Danielle goes every Friday and Ashlyn comes here for preschool!  Yes... I'm attempting to teach preschool, too... and so far, it's going okay!  I couldn't get Ella into the program this fall, so I'm making up for it by doing it myself... just more planning and preparing!
The Primary Sacrament Mtg. Presentation is on 25 September and I am always... ALWAYS... making something for that... or writing music... or...
Lexi and Braeden started soccer, which is often difficult to schedule in around my piano lessons, but this fall it has actually worked out okay.  I have to swap carpooling with a mom from Lexi's team, but other than that it has worked out... except that we find ourselves at soccer FIVE times a week!  Lexi has practice Monday and Wednesday.  Braeden goes Tuesday and Thursday.  And EVERY Saturday is GAME day!!  Woot-woot!!  It is so fun to watch them play and increase their ability to function on a team... but it's exhausting.
I teach piano now 4 days a week.  Lexi and Braeden have their lessons on Tuesday's before Braeden's soccer practice.  But I do still have Friday's off!  Yay!  Including my own two I now have 9 students.  Whew!
Wednesday mornings (which is half day for elementary school... so I have less time than every to accomplish what absolutely needs to be done on these days) we meet Danielle and Ashlyn at the library for story time in the "balloon room" and then stay to hunt for books, play on the computers there, and get some reading time in there at the library!
I am in a book club (and have been for a while, though last night was the first time I could actually attend the monthly meeting,) so I find myself trying to fit in reading with Lexi, Braeden, Ella... scriptures, and now my own book of leisure.  I just finished (and discussed last night with my friends  :o)  ) Fortune's Rocks by Anita Shreve.  Hmmm... I don't know.  I liked it, but I didn't.  It was very WRONG for a lot of reasons, but very touching and heart breaking, too.  Glad I read it, but still appalled at the basis of the content.
And... my house has suffered in the wrath of this tornado we call our life!  And even as I type I'm printing off papers for the 2 little girls downstairs and preparing to head down to teach preschool!  Ha!
And though when I type it all out it doesn't seem like very much, I do still have to do the laundry, cleaning, shopping, regular household and family stuff, plus get in FHE, playtime outside, game playing with the kids (like board and card games,) and all the other every day stuff.  I just don't have it in me anymore to stay up EVERY night into the wee hours of the morning.  I do still find myself having to do it at least once or twice a week, but... the blog has suffered for the days that I literally just collapse in bed at night with exhaustion from the day's activities!
And... now you know!  But don't lose hope!  I'm still working on updates, and I'm sure eventually I'll get caught up again!  Eventually!
Oh!  And I almost forgot... but how, I wonder?? since my back and arms cannot forget, that we have been redoing the landscaping in the front yard!  It was just too much... and there were things I HATED... and so after taking them out, some other things just didn't fit anymore... but it's done for the foreseeable future... I think!  ;o)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whew! I'm exhausted!
Love, Mom

Linda Liebhardt said...

Honey, you're gonna burn out if you're not careful!!

Donna said...

WOW - you're on the go constantly!!

Anonymous said...

You are going to give yourself gray hair, slow down!
Colleen

About Me

Crazy, stay-at-home mother of three; Alexa, Braeden, and Ella, and wife of Damian! We love life, although sometimes it's just hard to make it through one simple day. We all love each other... more than we can usually show or tell, and we love our friends and family very much! We LOVE the beach, having company, eating out (a rare treat now with three kids 8 and under), swimming, and playing outside!

Background