...and other fun stuff!! But there is just so much packed into these two days that I have to do these days by themselves!
{This post represents 25 & 26 June.}
Saturday morning Seth brought Lexi back to Kanarra and Caroline came along. It was a "work" day. We went over to the church to help with their Super Saturday service stuff. Ella and Braeden (and Caroline, I think) worked on loom hats... Yes... I said Ella. She did really well! She and Braeden had put together some humanitarian kits a little earlier when we were still waiting for the girls to get here. And Gma Pam, Lexi, and I quilted the entire time. Caroline and Braeden also did some quilting (just tying quilts, but still) and did such a great job! Amazing what your kids can do when you give them the opportunity! We ended up being there for about 4 hours. Yikes! But we finished an entire BIG quilt and parts of a few hats!
 |
| Lexi and Caroline... figuring out the count for the next stitch! |
 |
| I couldn't believe that Braeden was really into this. He was very upset when he couldn't get the needle through! |
 |
| Snip, snip, snipping away-Lexi! |
 |
| A look at about how many people were there. They had come in for some refreshing lunch! |
 |
| "A stitch in time saves nine!" |
 |
| Caroline hard at work on the quilt! |
 |
| Look at the concentration on his face! Priceless! |
 |
| Ella did need help winding the yarn around the loom, but she did this part all by herself! Yay! |
 |
| Ella and Braeden working on their loom hats! |
 |
| Gma Pam helping Lexi and Caroline! |
 |
| Hi, Mom! Love your faces when I ask you to say "cheese!" |
 |
| Ella and Gma... taken by Lexi, I think! |
 |
| Working hard... or HARDLY WORKING! Braeden |
 |
| Examples of all kind get followed... good and bad. Ella |
 |
| This is more like it! He really is working hard on his hat! |
 |
| Not taken by me! The next few pictures are taken by Ella... and you will see why I have this disclaimer here! {And... just for my mom I'm leaving out the BEST ones! Ella likes people's back sides! Haha!} |
 |
| Service is FUN! |
 |
| I'm pretty sure that Verna is the oldest person in town now. She can't see, and has a hard time getting around, but she is a town icon. She's my grandma's friend. |
 |
| Nice nose shot, Ella, but it does show how long out yarn was to start out with! |
 |
| Me and Caroline! |
 |
| Hmmmm... this looks like it's going to get a little tangled! Braeden and Lexi |
 |
| The turtle Ella just HAD to bring. |
 |
| The turtle trying to escape! Haha! It just cracks me up that she took several pictures (and that's not even close to the truth... try more like 27 pictures) of this turtle moving around the church! |
 |
| Almost done! Gma Pam and Braeden still working hard on the quilt! |
 |
| Tongue out = serious concentration and great end results, usually, for Braeden! ;o) |
After that the kids stopped at the park on the way back to Gma Pam's and then we had shave ice treats. But before shaved ice, I picked them up at the park in Gma's truck and we took the LOOOOONG way home! I let the kids ride in the back for the FIRST time and they LOVED it... LOVED it! We went down the lane and stopped for a minute on the overpass to let them try to get the big trucks to honk. They laughed and giggled... Aww... the simple joys of a child's life! And then... we went out in the back yard to help Gma Pam with a couple of projects! It really was a work day!
 |
| I found it hard to drive and take pictures at the same time, but I did get a couple! |
 |
| Now she knows the freedom and love of a great breeze in your face... just like the dogs! ;o) Lexi |
 |
| The girls: Lexi, Ella, and Caroline... |
 |
| ...Braeden was being camera shy and hiding in the bed of the truck. Stinker! |
 |
| "Honking trucks!" The laughed and laughed! The simplest pleasures in life bring the most happiness, it seems! |
 |
| The ONLY picture I got of him looking at me! I still think he's beautiful! I still know that he hates me saying that. Oh, well! |
Then we headed back to Cedar because we had found out that Katie had brought the boys here and that Casey was already here to pick up a truck or something. She surprised her husband... though I'm not sure he was totally happy about it. BUT I WAS!! We got to meet Corbin for the first time! I'm so jealous! He is so content... just happy, mellow... how does that happen?? He's just a cutie. I warned them that if they ever find that he is stolen that it is probably ME who did it!
Ella is working on her photography skills. Thank goodness for digital! What would I do without it??? She took soooo many pictures of random things at the church service project, and then at Gma
 |
| Me and cute, calm, QUIET Corbin!! Ella got a pretty good one! |
 |
| Taking a picture of Gma Linda taking a picture! |
 |
| Here they are together, together, together! Oh, here they are together in Gma's kit-chen! There's Lexi, and Caroline, and Jonathan, and Corbin (with Gail holding), and Hayden, and Braeden, and Ella, and Gma! Oh, here they are together, a RARE o-cca-sion! {Don't sing the stuff in parentheses!} |
 |
| Braeden turning the composter in the back yard! |
 |
| Lexi and Caroline not only enjoying a relax on the hammock, but also a slushy made by Gma Linda! |
 |
| Hayden cracks me up! Jumping on the little trampoline was just too much fun! |
 |
| Sweet, happy Corbin! |
 |
| Braeden is happy as long as he is throwing something! Even dirt clods! |
 |
| But when he's asked to stop and then doesn't and THEN tramples on Gma Linda's garden veggies... he GETS to clean off the wall. |
 |
| Gma and Braeden checking out what's growing in the garden! |
 |
| Ella loves Corbin! But the reason for this picture is the look at the skin color contrast! Haha! |
 |
| Jonathan and Hayden! Boys... such BOYS! |
 |
| Gail made a mistake and started by pushing one child around... well... as we all know... it never ends with just that one! Ella driving, but not paying attention to where she is going, Jonathan catching a dangerous ride on the back of a vehicle where a woman is driving, and Gail there to keep in all from going straight to the ER! |
 |
| So happy that Ella has gotten over her aversion to animals! This is Old Gray from the neighbor's yard! The kids LOOOVE him! |
We ended up being at Gma Linda's way too late... but came home and took showers to get ready for Sunday anyway!
We went to 9 a.m. church with Gma Pam... which is totally unusual because church has never been at a time other than 10:30... but they are currently sharing their building and it is not big enough to accommodate 2 wards that overlap... at all, so they have one at 9 and one at noon. But also found out that morning that Corbin was being blessed in a ward that meets at 1. So... after 3 hours of church, we grabbed a little lunch and headed to Cedar for the blessing. HOWEVER... we didn't know until we got there a couple minutes late, found a seat, and made ourselves comfortable that he wouldn't be blessed until after the meeting in the bishop's office. UGH. I ended up having to take Braeden out twice (and once he was fighting me and I ended up whacking his head on the door on our way out), Lexi had to go out once, and Ella had to go to the potty. REALLY?? It wasn't a very spiritual meeting for me. AT ALL. But... Corbin's cousin was blessed during the meeting, and his mommy is Clint's (Christie's husband) sister, and when they announced that he would be blessed, the bishop named Clinton Fink as the one who would be doing it! I turned around... and sure enough! There were Clint, Christie, and Lily! I only got to talk to Clint for a minute... because Lily got hauled out of the meeting, too, and just went up the street to Clint's parents' house! Boo. But I also got to see the Keate's! Such a fun surprise!
Then we snapped pictures and since Gma and Gpa Linda both had to go back to their ward and teach their classes we headed over to Great Gma's for a while. We had a good visit, and she doted on the kids, as usual, giving them cookies and milk, candy, and things to do! She's so kind... and patient! Then back to Gma and Gpa Linda's for dinner! And then we got Katie to bring the boys back over to get a grandchildren picture! All 7 of them in the same place at once! Doesn't happen very often! And then the kids ran around a played for quite a while! Whew! Exhausting day! But totally fun!
That's it! One week's events! Sometimes I wish I could be content with being boring. But it's just so much more fun to be on the go and with people we love, having the time of our lives... making memories that will hopefully last a lifetime... or at least through our hard times in life!
 |
| Notice Gma's hands gently, but forcefully trying to keep these little hooligans in place! Haha! It didn't work out so well, but it's so funny to watch! |
 |
| Awwww... such CUTE, CUTE, boys! |
 |
| More rides on the car! Jonathan driving and Hayden hitching! |
 |
| This was the REASON for convening in the back yard. Gma Linda needed a new picture for her frame in the living room. Let's just say that to even get one this good... it took MANY, and I really mean MANY... snaps of the shutter! |
 |
| Corbin talking to Gpa! |
 |
| Included here and below are just SOME of my favorites! I took sooooo many! More than Ella took of her turtle friend! Here are just the girls! Caroline, Lexi, Gma, and Ella... and if you must know what they were laughing at... I think Gpa was doing the Truffle-Shuffle (or something much like it) in the background! Haha! |
 |
| I love Gma's expression here. Having fun, but... done, I think! |
 |
| This is as good as it's going to get for the boys... TRUST ME... and watch the progression below! Hayden, Gpa holding Jonathan and Corbin, and Braeden! |
 |
| Gma decides to try and help... |
 |
| Haha! Gpa and Jonathan have the best faces, don't you think?? ;o) |
 |
| Gpa and the girls. This is just how they are! Silly, SILLY! Ella, Gpa, Lexi, and Caroline! |
 |
| Awwww... I just LOVE this picture! They are BOTH very happy! And for the first time in a long... and I mean LOOOOONNNG time Lexi said she wished we had a baby! Well... we'll just have to live off everyone else for that fix! Lexi and Corbin |
 |
| Gma Linda and Corbin having a fun swing in the hammock! |
 |
| Ella with the camera again! The kids were playing Monkey in the Middle with Casey! :o) |
AND... see how much more I have to say when I do it ON TIME... or at least soon after the actual events when I can still remember them? Much more than just navigating through pictures and adding captions to them! Maybe I need to find a happy medium! Haha!
No comments:
Post a Comment