Friday, March 25, 2011

Kindergarten Reader's Theater

Today Braeden and several of his classmates put on a Reader's Theater.  They did the Three Billy Goats Gruff.  Totally funny!  But I do so wish that he had used his really good TROLL voice that he practiced here at home!  I think he just got a little nervous and maybe embarrassed because of all the other kids' parents that were there.  Boo.  It was such a great troll voice, too! 
He did mention that he and Ethan both wanted to be the troll, so they had to choose numbers between 1 and 10.  He said, "I chose 8 and Ethan chose 9, so I got the part!"  I don't know what the number was, or who chose first... but he was happy!  Ethan ended up being the 3rd billy goat... the biggest, strongest, smartest... so he was okay with it!  And Braeden's other friend, Carter, was the narrator.  (Not that all the kids aren't his friends, but he hangs out a lot with Carter outside of school, too, and I carpool with his mom, and they are in the same class at church... AND they are FINALLY at the same table in school.  I don't know if that will be a good or a bad thing.  They are both very chatty and very active.  Good luck to Mrs. Shorack!  ;o)  Haha!)
They really all did such a great job reading, following along, etc.  BUT... TURN YOUR VOLUME ALL THE WAY UP FOR THE VIDEO OR YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO HEAR A LOT OF IT!  It's been cropped quite a bit, but it's a taste!  Enjoy!
The cast of The Three Billy Goats Gruff!  LtoR:  Carter, Destini, Autumn, Ethan, Anela, and BRAEDEN!!

Anela was the bridge, and Braeden... the TROLL!


Ethan was the biggest billy goat!

Carter was the narrator, Destini was the littlest billy goat, and Autumn (not shown here) was the middle billy goat!  So funny!  {And I can't EVER get a good picture of Carter!  He just LOVES to give me the hardest time possible!  Stinker!}


3 comments:

Suzanne said...

Cute! But I can't get the video to work. :(

mommalinda said...

It worked for me here at kt's house. you have really been blogging away, tandy! (and i don't type well one-handed! baby occupied) tell braeden i really REALLY enjoyed it. great job!!

Anonymous said...

Great job Braeden! I wish you would have used your Troll Voice!
Love, Grandma Pam.

About Me

Crazy, stay-at-home mother of three; Alexa, Braeden, and Ella, and wife of Damian! We love life, although sometimes it's just hard to make it through one simple day. We all love each other... more than we can usually show or tell, and we love our friends and family very much! We LOVE the beach, having company, eating out (a rare treat now with three kids 8 and under), swimming, and playing outside!

Background